Legal Internships Are Available In Summer 2019 Within The Following Business Areas:
• Content Distribution
• Telemundo Enterprises
Internships may include (but are not limited to):
• Legal Department
• Content Distribution
• Business and Legal Affairs
Daily responsibilities and projects may include (but are not limited to):
Legal Department within Corporate:
• General legal research, document review, and legal drafting.
• Support the team concerning the distribution transactions, working side by side with the attorneys and their business counterparts to bring deals to successful completion.
Business And Legal Affairs
• Drafting of basic agreements, amendments, and other legal documents.
• Analysis of content license agreements in connection with company-mandated requirements.
• Analysis of various agreements for input of rights information into the department’s rights management system
• Review and revision of form agreements.
• In pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor or Graduate degree at an Accredited Institution and be able to provide documentation to confirm your degree progress.
• Current class standing of sophomore or above (30 credits)
• Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above
• Must be 18 years of age and above
• Must be authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship by NBC Universal
• Needs to be able to work on-site in New York, NY or Miami, FL
• Internships at NBC Universal are paid and do not require course credit.
• Deadline: Interested applicants are encouraged to apply by February 15, 2019
• Summer Program Dates: June – August 2019
• Desired Backgrounds: Must be enrolled in a Juris Doctor program at an accredited law school and have completed at least one year.
• Classes or experience in copyright and contracts law preferred. Trademark law also a plus.
• Desired Characteristics: Excellent written and verbal communication skills, knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel and Outlook), strong organizational skills, ability to handle multiple tasks in fast-paced environment, attention to detail and a sense of confidence and discretion; knowledge of entertainment and copyright law helpful; must be able to work both in a team environment and independently.
Campus Programs Interns
About NBC Universal
The NBC Universal Internship Program is an experience like no other. NBC Universal offers a diversity of opportunities, with different internships across an iconic portfolio of brands. Through unparalleled access to the best in the business, hands-on training and one of a kind networking events, NBC Universal interns have the chance to influence change. NBC Universal interns are ambitious, innovative and savvy; they shape the way we do things. At NBC Universal, you can contribute as content creators, problem solvers, and innovators. Here you can learn the power and possibilities of media and technology.
NBC Universal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBC Universal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.